MALAYSIAN JOURNAL OF MICROSCOPY
SOLID STATE PHENOMENON
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION EXTENDED!!
30/09/2016 *** we still open for registration and abstract submission.
Submit your graphical abstract now.
Keynote Speakers Confirmed:
1. Prof. Dr. Zhang Ze (Zhejiang University, China)
2. Prof. Dr. Hair Bejo (UPM)
3. Prof. Dr. Nakisah Mohd Amin (UMT)
4. Prof. Dr. Noorhana Yahya (UTP)
5. Prof. Dr. Fauziah Othman(UPM)
6. Prof. Dr. Ir. Cheong Kuan Yew (USM)
7. Prof. Dr. Ir. Srimala Sreekantan(USM)
8. Ir. Prof. Dr. Sim Kok Swee (MMU)
* We also have list of VENDOR talks which will be updated soon. Come and learn about microscopy with us. *
MICROSCOPY SOCIETY OF MALAYSIA (MSM) is organizing the 25th Scientific Conference of the society (25th SCMSM) on the 7th – 9th December 2016 with the theme “Creating Sustainable World through Science and Technology of Microscopy”. This year, SCMSM is rather special as it will be in conjunction to the celebration of the 25 years of the society: Silver Jubilee commemoration. The society which was called Electron Microscopy Society Malaysia was founded in 1991. The first president was Professor Emeritus Dr. Abd. Latiff Ibrahim and the society was centered at the “Unit Mikroskop Elektron, Fakulti Veterinar dan Sains Penternakan”, Universiti Pertanian Malaysia. Since the establishment of the society, it has been led by esteemed presidents including: Prof. Dr. Tengku Azmi Tengku Ibrahim, Prof. Dr. Abd. Rahman Razak, Prof. Dr. Hair Bejo, Prof. Dr. Fauziah Othman, Prof. Dr. Ahmad Fauzi Mohd Noor and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Farid Che Ghazali who had during their times propel the society into higher levels.
The society has since served as an active organisation in Malaysia focusing on all aspects of imaging and analysis techniques which also include not only electron microscopy but other imaging and analytical devices like atomic force, ion mass, optical, aquastic microscopy, confocal microscopy, tomography, and various others. Seeing that the field of microscopy and microanalysis have significantly advanced, in 2008, the president of the society then; Prof. Ahmad Fauzi Mohd Noor and his committee, proposed on the change of the name of the society by removing the word ‘electron’. This was also in line with the revolution of microscopy and changes. As the members agreed on the changes in 2010, the process of name changing was then continued by the Assoc. Prof. Dr. Farid Che Ghazali who was the president of the society then and his committee members. The application was approved by Jabatan Pendaftaran Pertubuhan Malaysia in early June 2012 hence the new name: Microscopy Society Malaysia. This year the society will be 25 years old and the organizing committee invites participations to the 25th Silver Jubilee SCMSM.
Needless to say as microscopy, imaging and other related characterization techniques have myriad applications in both physical science/engineering and life sciences, the 25th SCMSM will surely provide a platform for researchers from both fields to showcase the importance of such tools in contributing towards the development of their research findings. The society also welcomes instrument manufacturers and vendors to showcase their recent products and development hence providing an opportunity to have direct interaction with the end users i.e. the researcher. The society believes in facilitating the bridging of knowledge in research and industries among the members.
Objectives of the Conference
• To bring the critical role of microscopy, imaging and other analytical equipment on the development of materials science/engineering and life science.
• To provide a platform for sharing and discussion of knowledge and information related to microscopy, imaging and other analytical equipment.
• To update on technical information and instrumentation pertaining to microscopy, imaging and other analytical equipment.